Letter to the Editor
Recently, The View received the following letter from Tasneem Chowdhury, the Prime Minister of Natopian Affairs in the Sovereign Imperial Republic of Natopia and the President of the Republic of Lavalon:
Entitled "A Couple thing[s] about the Micronational View"
1. Henzelli was never a Bagelcratican, I think.
2. I think Xon and Z don't like their real last name being used.
3. You say "resume use of the historic Lavalonian eucalyptus as a national symbol" --it never was a national symbol so how can you resume the use of it if it never existed?
4. "With those two gone, Lavalon will effectively be an extension of Natopia." That is what you call biased reporting.
5. Well, a lot of that report was biased if you noticed. You chose what to mention and what to leave out. Therefore, it has alot of bias. It's like that story in the New Zealand Herald, it had parts of the story but it left alot out. Opinions could be changed on those critical facts. For example, you make it seem as if Klaas just up and resigned when there's a story behind that.
6. It's kinda editorialish if you state that it appears as if a "project" will be ending. I'm intrigued that you think of it like that.
The editor has responded to President Chowdhury's post on the Lavalonian boards. Any other readers are welcome to share their opinions there, and letters to the editor are always welcome. Indeed, the fact that we of our own accord published this letter would seem to be evidence of how hard we strive for unbiased reporting.